chevron background

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Weeks 24 & 25


Baby is: twenty four weeks
Size of: an ear of corn

Big Developments: His lungs and brain are continuing to develop. He may have hair on his head.

Symptoms: I am super forgetful and clumsy. If I don’t have a list I will forget what I’m doing or what needs to be done. I’m not sleeping great and my pelvis is super sore in the morning and after I get home from work.

Thoughts: I had two bad baby dreams. In one I was bleeding really bad so I needed to go to the hospital. My mom wouldn't take me and Casey got lost on our way there. It was terrible. In the other dream I delivered at home and had the baby all wrapped up but he stopped breathing. We were panicking trying to get him to breathe and we hadn't named him yet so we didn't know what to call him to help motivate him. Ugh. It was a rough night for sleep. I feel like my belly is really popping out. I still have two pair of regular pants I can wear and a few shirts but I think I’ll be heading into mostly maternity clothes from now on.

Baby boy: is making himself comfortable. He stays mostly on the right side and has discovered my ribs which tickle when he moves. We listened to Queen the other night and he kicked along to the music. He is getting stronger and sometimes his movements make me jump. We bought his bedding this week! I’m so excited to finally get something for the room that’s just his. We got it from Land of Nod again since we loved Hiccup’s bedding so much.

Name: Deciding on a name this time around is so much harder! Every name I come up with reminds Casey of something dumb or we come up with a silly nickname that people might call him. I just want something simple, yet unique. I want it to be easy to say and spell and sound good with our last name. It really shouldn't be this difficult. Casey is still set on a name and while I like it, I don’t love it. I want to love the name that we've chosen and be excited to meet him and give him that name.

Cravings & Aversions: Salads and fruit taste so good but that doesn't stop me from eating tons of candy and pumpkin-chocolate-chip cupcakes. I had a small piece of turkey at Thanksgiving and handled it OK. I was nervous that nothing at dinner was going to sound good but I ate till I was full.


Baby is: twenty five weeks
Size of: an acorn squash or a rutabaga; neither of which have I ever eaten

Big Developments: Nails are forming on his fingers and toes. He is growing longer and gaining more weight.

Symptoms: sleeping is pretty miserable which is hard since I’m really tired. I also have a hard time falling asleep some nights which makes no sense to me. My pelvis is painful constantly so the Dr suggested wearing a belt thing under my belly. We will see if that helps. My skin is ridiculously dry, especially on my hands and lips. My hair and nails are still growing quickly. I gained 7 pounds this month. Yikes! I guess that’s what happens with Thanksgiving and yummy Christmas time food.

Thoughts: We got baby Hank’s bedding yesterday. I’m excited at how it will coordinate with Hiccup’s. I can’t wait to get their room set up.

Baby boy: He is wiggling more and more. I've noticed hiccups a few times but they don’t last for very long. He is super spread out in my belly. Dr said my uterus is measuring a month bigger so we will keep an eye on measurements at my next appointment and adjust my due date if we need to then.

Name: I’m bouncing around a few in my head. I like all of them but nothing has stuck quite yet. He’s still baby Hank. I really think that I’m going to have to meet him to decide on a name. It seems like every week I have a new name that I like.

Cravings & Aversions: I’m eating chocolate like nobody’s business. I’m trying to eat more fruits and veggies as snacks instead of candy all the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment