chevron background

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Weeks 19 & 20


Baby is: nineteen weeks
Size of: a softball

Big Developments:   Baby’s brain is designating specialized areas for all the different senses. Baby’s kidneys are making urine and may be growing some hair on his head.

Gender: We are on a ten day count down to baby’s targeted ultrasound. I am so excited. I know that I’ll immediately want to go shopping as soon as we are done and get some cute things for the babe. I’m going back and forth being excited about a girl and a boy. I know that we will be so happy with either one. I know that we are meant to have a girl and another boy in our family so it will be interesting to see who is next. We are back to discussing not telling anyone if we find out. I think keeping a secret would be really fun.

Big News: We got together with our friends Dake and Amanda this week and we clued them in on our news; we forgot to officially tell them the last time we saw them.

Symptoms: Heartburn; when I eat, when I don’t eat, while I’m eating. It keeps me up at night and makes it hard to catch my breath. I’m starting to have restless legs when I sit too long or at night when I’m trying to get comfortable to fall asleep. I can usually fall asleep to take a nap, but at night it’s almost impossible. It has been taking a few hours for me to fall asleep each night and nothing seems to help. I have also been getting night sweats which wake me up. I have been having a lot of round ligament pain in my lower abdomen and sometimes in my groin and hips.

Thoughts: Baby stays mostly on my right side, just like Hiccup did. I can feel the most movement late at night when I’m trying to sleep and in the late afternoon after I have eaten lunch.

Cravings & Aversions: I've been wanting ethnic type food, mostly Chinese and Mexican food. I've eaten a lot of ham-fried rice and enchiladas always sound good. I've been trying really hard just to drink water or crystal light even though soda sounds really good.  I had some cut up chicken in a salad and it tasted so bad to me.


Baby is: twenty weeks
Length of: a carrot or banana

Big Developments:   Baby is swallowing more which is good practice for the digestive system.

Gender: We get to finally find out this week. I am so excited. I can’t wait to be able to figure out a name and start making plans for each of the babies’ rooms.

Big News: I think once we know what the baby is then we can post something on the internet to tell the rest of our friends who might care.

Symptoms: I am getting tired much easier. My hips, legs, and back hurt when I move around a lot, or if I don’t move around enough. My skin is so dry and bleeds easily. I hate it. My stomach gets really itchy about half way through the day. I've been using coconut oil when I get out of the shower but I need to find something I can use during the day. I feel really swollen and kind of beat up.

Thoughts: Hiccup loves looking at pictures of babies lately so it makes me excited to see how he will be with the new baby. I think he will be eager to help with the new baby. I can already see him trying to put the bottle or binky in his mouth. I feel like time is finally going by really quickly. I can’t believe we’re already at the half way point. I feel like since there are so many holidays coming up that baby will be here so soon. I’m wearing a few maternity tops but not pants quite yet. I feel like my wardrobe is shrinking so it makes getting ready in the morning kind of a pain. We’re still taking pictures every week but those are getting to be a challenge as well.

Cravings & Aversions: I eat at least 2-3 bowls of cereal a day. My mouth is getting raw from all the cocoa puffs and Trix I eat. I don’t really want any type of meat so we've been having mostly starches and veggies at our house. I’m sure Casey is getting sick of our limited menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment