chevron background

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Week 26


Baby is: twenty six weeks
Size of: zucchini

Big Developments: Baby’s ears are more sensitive and can tell the difference between different voices. Baby is inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid. Baby’s lungs are fully developed but not ready to breathe in air yet.

Symptoms: my back, hips, and pelvis hurt most of the time. Sleeping is miserable. I still have a stuffy nose and get nosebleeds occasionally.

Thoughts: I feel like I ballooned out overnight. My tummy seems huge all of a sudden. It’s officially time to retire any clothes that aren't maternity. I feel like skirts and tights squeeze the life out of me so I think it’ll be mostly pants from here on out. Most of my weight gain is in my hips and bum. I haven’t noticed any new stretch marks but my old ones are looking so attractive. My belly button still goes in a bit but will be flat pretty soon.

Baby boy: We played Johnny Cash one night to see how baby would react. He was bouncing around like crazy; not sure if that was a good reaction or not. He likes the mellow nighttime playlist. He hits my bladder a lot lately which sends a sharp pain through me.

Name: The Veto List (so far) 
We've nixed these names based on what it reminds us of, what it rhymes with, dumb possible nicknames, how it sounds with our last name, just plain dislike. Most of these were my suggestions that got shot down. *Casey picked out these
Asher, Arthur, *Archer, Axton, Arc, Ansel, Anson, *Atlas, Alaric, *Alistair, Abel,
Bruin, Beck
Cyper,*Cyrus, Cy, Colsen,
*Desmond
Elliott, Elias, Ezra, Elijah, *Eiger
Finn, Ferris
Gray
Holden
Jack, James, Jude      
Kian, Knox, Keaton
Layne, Ledger, Louis, Lennox, *Locke
Noah,
Oliver,
Pax, Parker
Ridge, Ronan
Silas, Soren, Stellan
Will, Wynn                                               
                               
Cravings & Aversions: I’m not eating most types of meat. I eat a hamburger occasionally and I seem to tolerate ground meat ok but in another form it grosses me out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment