chevron background

Monday, December 30, 2013

Week 15 & 16




Baby is: fifteen weeks
Size of: a baseball

Big Developments:  Baby’s eyes can sense light, he is breathing amniotic fluid through his nose to help his lungs develop. His legs are growing longer than his arms and he can move all his limbs.

Gender: I’m noticing cute girl clothes more lately. I’ve looked for bedding for both a boy and a girl. I am very excited to find out what baby is so we can decide on a name and start shopping.

Big News: Some of the higher up people at my work know now. I haven’t told any of my friends really, I’m still waiting for a good time to bring it up.

Symptoms: My nose is super stuffy and sometimes bloody. I am blowing my nose constantly. My skin is super dry, I feel like I need lotion constantly. Some of my work pants are getting tight and I’ve grown out of all my regular bras. My body is getting sore and tired more easily and I have to go to the bathroom a lot more often. My headaches are less frequent but still miserable.

Thoughts: I think I might have felt baby moving a little bit. It was right before I fell asleep so I don’t know if I dreamed it or if it was real. This pregnancy still doesn’t seem real. I feel pretty good most of the time and I’m not looking obviously pregnant yet so it’s still hard to wrap my head around most days.

Cravings & Aversions: I had Casey pick me up some ice cream from Farr’s and it tasted delicious. I love curly fries and most anything breakfast related. Most meat doesn’t sound good, if I do eat it I cant really focus on what I’m eating or I make myself sick.




Baby is: sixteen weeks
Size of: an avocado; for some reason this analogy hit me more realistically than the others. When I look at an avocado and think that the baby is that size, it makes sense that my belly is getting bigger and that I can feel him moving around in there.  

Big Developments:  Baby’s head is more erect and his eyes and ears are close to their final position. Baby has started growing toenails; his heart is pumping 25 quarts of blood each day.

Gender: Everyone keeps asking us when we will find out and what we think it is. It is so weird feeling so different this time around. I knew for sure that Hiccup was a boy, but with this baby I’m less sure and more easily talked in to thinking one way or another. I’m looking at both types of clothes equally instead of just focusing on boy stuff.

Big News: I talked to Nadia about the baby this week when I asked her if she could come to the dr with me. She was really excited for us. It’s still weird to tell people because it doesn’t feel all that real to me yet.

Symptoms: I’ve been getting hot and cold flashes and some dizzy spells. I’ve been easily irritated and very tired. I’m getting out of breath very easy (I need to start exercising) and my back and joints hurt most of the time.

Thoughts: I’m definitely feeling baby moving. It’s mostly at night or when I’m sitting really still. I felt movement a week earlier than I did with Hiccup and it feels more distinct to me instead of just butterfly or popcorn like. I had Casey rest his hand on my belly before bed and he thought he could feel some movement too. I got my first stranger asking if I was pregnant and when I was due. It was a bank customer so I wasn’t too offended at her asking about my growing belly, it was a little weird tho.

Cravings & Aversions: I want ice cream a lot, but dont really get to eat it that often, which is probably a good thing. I'm going through a ton of milk and lots of cereal. Lately veggies sound amazing and when I see people eating on tv, usually no matter what it is, I want whatever they're having. Smells are really bothering me, mostly BBQ and coffee. 




2 comments:

  1. I. Am. So. Crazy. Excited!!! Yay!!! You have been awesome at documenting all of this too! I... well, I'm a slacker. ;) Congrats Nikkie!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie! We are very excited :0) I am WAY behind on posting everything.. I'm at 28 weeks and don't have the pics ready yet!

      Delete