chevron background

Monday, December 30, 2013

Week 14


Hiccup is 14 months old and baby is 14 weeks old

Baby is: fourteen weeks
Size of: a kiwi; his head is the size of a gumball

Big Developments:  Baby can squint, frown, grimace, pee, grasp, and suck his thumb.

Gender: Some old wives tales gender predictions:
Chinese calendar:  girl (this was right for Hiccup but wrong for Christine and Reese)
 Mayan calendar:  boy
A high heart rate: girl (Our dr with Hiccup said his heart rate sounded like a girl)
Having so many breakouts: girl (but my skin did the same thing with Hiccup)
Not much morning sickness: boy
Craving mostly sweets: girl (but I craved chocolate constantly with Hiccup)
Having my hair grow faster: boy
Genetics on Casey’s side: boy
Casey’s sympathy weight: boy
My nose staying the same size: girl (I don’t think my nose changed with Hiccup)
My clumsiness: boy, but to be fair I’ve always been clumsy.
My hands being dry: a boy (My hands were super dry with Hiccup)
Having a lot of headaches: boy
Only wanting to eat the middle of the bread: girl. I think this is a weird one but I have noticed lately that I don’t want anything to do with the crust on anything.

My pregnancies, with the exception of the weight gain and headaches, have been pretty identical. I still think baby is a boy but I’ve been getting a lot more people asking me about a little girl.

Big News: Brenda told her sisters and her dad so we got to talk to them about it this weekend.

Symptoms: my stomach has been wimpy this week. I felt some movement in my stomach one night but I couldn't tell if it was baby or not. My skin is dry!

Thoughts: I’ve been wearing my belly bands but I haven’t worn any maternity pants yet. I tried on some maternity shirts but they are pretty stretched out from wearing them with Hiccup so I think I’ll have to wait till my belly pokes out a bit more to wear them.  I feel like I’m just growing in my belly and my chest. I am excited to finally be able to feel the baby move. I’ve heard that after your first pregnancy you are able to recognize the baby’s movement earlier but we will see. I am in my second trimester and hoping to start feeling better! Although, if my headaches are pregnancy related then my dr said they will only get worse.

Cravings & Aversions: I still want cereal a lot. I like jamba juice lately so I go there once a week. I want hard ice cream; the soft serve texture grosses me out. I don’t want soft tacos, big pieces of chicken or hotdogs still.

No comments:

Post a Comment