chevron background

Monday, December 30, 2013

Weeks 12 & 13

Baby is: Twelve weeks
Size of: a lime

Big Developments:  Baby is developing reflexes: fingers will open and close, his mouth begins to suck, toes will curl, and eyes will clench. His eyes have moved to the front of his head.

Gender: Several people this week have told us they think baby is a girl.

Big News: We told both sets of my grandparents, and Casey’s dad’s side of the family this week.

Symptoms: Still with the migraines. It has been pretty awful.

Thoughts: Casey and I finally discussed names. We are basically on the same page as far as a boy’s name; there is definitely room for possibilities. My belly is poking out. I washed my box of maternity clothes and added them to my closet. I will most likely need a few more items.

Cravings & Aversions: Textures are really bothering me. If I think too much while I'm eating then I get grossed out really easily. 






Baby is: thirteen weeks
Size of: a lemon

Big Developments:  fingerprints have formed, the vocal cords are developing, the intestines are moving from the umbilical cord to the abdomen.

Gender: We have lots of people thinking baby is a girl. We get asked almost everyday what we think baby is, and what we want.

Big News: We told Angie and Corinne this week. I haven’t told most of my friends yet, I’m waiting for the right time I think.

Symptoms: Still with the headaches; my medicine is helping a bit to calm the headaches but I’m dizzy for the first hour after I take them. My stomach hurts most of the time from some sort of cramping. My back has a constant dull ache. My face is broken out and my skin is dry and itchy.

Thoughts: We had a dr appointment this week. Dr checked baby’s heartbeat which was 164. We started with the weekly belly pictures. It will be fun to compare the two pregnancies just based on the belly. I know I am already much bigger than I was with Hiccup at this stage.  This all still doesn’t seem real yet. I think once I start to feel baby move and we find out boy or girl it will hit me a little bit. I’m excited to start buying things for the room and buying little jammies and outfits.

Cravings & Aversions: I was able to share some chicken strips with Casey over the weekend; I still don’t want to cook chicken though. I’ve been wanting a lot of Italian type food and breakfast food. We’re going through milk and cereal like crazy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment