chevron background

Monday, February 4, 2013

Movie Monday {movies from my childhood part2}

Some more movies that I grew up with and continue to love:

EDWARD SCISSORHANDS starring Johnny Depp, Winona Rider, & Dianne Wiest

"The light concealing cream goes on first. Then you blend, and blend, and blend. Blending is the secret."
"Forget about holding her hand, man. Think about the damage he could do to other places."
"Darn this stuff!"
"That was the single most thrilling experience of my entire life."
This was another babysitter classic. As a young child I was intrigued with Edward, and only till years later did I learn that it was Johnny Depp. I've got to admit, I'm a fan of pretty much anything Tim Burton. I love this movie.

THAT THING YOU DO starring Tom Hanks, Tom Everett Scott, & Liv Tyler

"Where was I? Oh yeah, playing songs on my guitar."
"I play a lot of cards. Obviously. Wanna see my deck? ... See? You gotta be quick! You gotta be quick with me! I'm from Erie, P.A.!"
"Oh, I'm not here with these fellas. I've got a pig in competition over at the livestock pavilion, and I am going to win that blue ribbon!"
"You are my biggest fan."
"I led you here, sir, for I am Spartacus."
" Luke? Who's Luke? When are we gettin' the records?"
"Thank you, Illinois! The Land of Lincoln!"
"Chad, who's Chad?"
I think my family wore out the Movie Buffs copy of this movie. Even my dad would watch it with us and laugh. Tom Hanks rocked my socks with this one.

THE LITTLE RASCALS starring Travis Tedford, Bug Hall, & Brittany Ashton Holmes

"Dear Darla, I hate your stinking guts. You make me vomit. You're scum between my toes! Love, Alfalfa."
"That wasn't sand, that was kitty litter."
"I'm usually a lover, not a fighter, but in your case, I'm willing to make an exception!"
"People, people, we need your money!"
"You're a team, like Bert and Ernie, Superman and Clark Kent, Milli and Vanilli."
I went with my grandma and saw this movie when it was playing in the Cinedome. The first five minutes of the movie where Buckwheat and Porky are fishing we laughed so hard. My grandma was probably just laughing at how hard I was laughing but it is still such a fun memory of her. I could quote this entire movie, I love it that much. And all the fun adult cameos are pretty great too.

OVERBOARD starring Goldie Hawn & Kurt Russell


"A falsetto child?"
"And my husband may be a "large child," but that's none of your business! And my children may be rotten, but they're MINE. And I think that they're bright, and sensitive, so I have no doubts whatsoever about their intelligence. I do however have serious doubts about YOURS."
"I just... ate a bug!"
"Oh, and give my regards to Schwartzman and Heineken!"
We would watch this as a family; it always made us laugh. I love when she sprays everyone with the hose and when they make the mini golf course. And when I was little I thought my dad looked like Kurt Russell. :0)






No comments:

Post a Comment