chevron background

Monday, February 11, 2013

Movie Monday: In the Mood for Romance

I would never describe myself as the romantic type. Yes, I believe in love and I'm a sucker for a good love story but I'd never pick a romantic movie over a comedy or an action movie. Usually when I watch a romance, it's an accident because I thought the movie was about something else. That being said, these are some movies that help to reassure my belief in love.


WHEN HARRY MET SALLY starring Meg Ryan & Billy Crystal

"Waiter, there is too much pepper on my paprikash... But I would be proud to partake of your pecan pie."
"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."
"Well, if you must know, it was because he was very jealous, and I had these days of the week underpants."
"You're the worst kind; you're high maintenance but you think you're low maintenance."

I first watched this movie on tv with my mom, it was one of her favorites. The actual version is rated R and I can tell you the exact moments the four F words are said... language aside, this is my favorite movie. I see a lot of myself in Sally's character and Harry always reminds me of my friend Tyson. I'm a strong believer in being friends first, then falling in love. It may not always work out that way, but I think it's so important to be best friends with the same person you're in love with. It makes falling in love and staying in love that much easier.

A LOT LIKE LOVE starring Ashton Kutcher & Amanda Peet

"Oliver, this is your life. You can't wait for it to just to get you up on your feet.'
"I am pro-pancakes."
"Well, if it wasn't love, it was a lot like it."

This movie reminds you to never give up on love, that it has a way of sneaking up on you and working out for the best.

P.S. I LOVE YOU starring Hilary Swank, Gerard Butler, & Harry Connick Jr.

"Are you going to make me sleep in the tub again?"
"Losing your mind is not a luxury for the middle class."
"What do you want? I know what I want, cause I'm holding it in my hands."
"Every morning I still wake up and the first thing I want to do is to see your face."

This movie is a big fat cry fest but it's message is so sweet. Tell the people you love that you love them, never let them forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment