chevron background

Thursday, February 28, 2013

GETTING OLD

Today is my cute boy's birthday. Not my little cute boy, the cute boy I married. This will be the fifth birthday we've celebrated together. None of them have been very exciting; we celebrate as big as we can with our limited budget. I think birthdays are a great excuse to make a big deal though. I think your birthday should be filled with your favorite things, foods, and people. Cake for breakfast? Sure, why not? Skip work to go to the movies? Heck yeah. Your birthday is the perfect day to celebrate living.. so do what you love. That said, my poor husband is at work today as am I. We celebrated his birthday through out the month instead of waiting for today. Hopefully he's ok with it.

I'm pretty sure I've gushed enough on the internet about my boy but bare with me while I do it just a little more. This year I've gotten to experience something I never realized I would love so much. I got to see the man I married transform into a daddy. It's amazing how split second that transformation is--how quickly you change roles and become something you were always meant to be.

These boys are my two favorite people in the world. Everyday I am grateful for them in my life. I'm grateful for the things they teach me, for the ease in which they make me laugh, and for their hugs and kisses.


Casey is a great daddy. Hiccup loves him so much. They already have such a different relationship than that of a boy and his mama. They rough house together, they snuggle together, they watch Star Wars and Justified together. Casey picks out toys and books that he liked when he was little to give to Hiccup as he grows up. Casey tries to find clothes for the babe that he would wear himself. Casey is constantly telling Hiccup how handsome he is and how much he loves him.


.

Casey made shirts for Hiccup to wear when he was born, he designed things for his room, his baby book, and every announcement we've sent involving our little boy. Most times when we're out shopping he finds something to add to the cart for our little one.


I love my little family. I'm grateful for the boy I fell in love with and that he continues to do things that help me fall in love all over again. I'm lucky to have him as my best friend and EC. Hiccup is lucky to have a daddy who loves him so much and wants the very best for him.

Happy Birthday Bunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment