chevron background

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

words of wisdom for a wednesday

I read this book a little over a year ago. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It is a story of a man and his life, told from his dog's perspective. I would recommend it to anyone who likes to read. Today I'd like to share a quote from this book, "To live everyday as if it had been stolen from death, that is how I would like to live. To feel the joy of life; to separate oneself from the burden, the angst, the anguish that we all encounter every day. To say I am alive, I am wonderful, I am. I am. That is something to aspire to."
What a thought-provoking statement. I think I need to wake up each day and realize how truly blessed I am to be alive. Some days are rough. Some days are brutal. Most days nothing grand or spectacular happens. Some days are so wonderful you wish you could live in them forever. But each day is a gift. Each day presents us with opportunities and lessons and memories. I need to personally strive to find something good about each day-- something that made that day worth waking up. Some things that come to my mind lately: *a nice lady let me cut in front of her at the store since I had a tired baby with me and only a few items *no wait at the restaurant when we went out for dinner on date night *seeing people donate bags and bags of gifts to Christmas charities *sitting in the living room with my little fam with only the Christmas tree lights on *little puppies jumping and playing *waking up to a happy and content babe   ...  I think if a true effort is made each morning, you can lay down to bed at night with at least one thing to smile about; even if it's finally getting to fall asleep and start a new day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment