chevron background

Monday, November 26, 2012

movie monday



UP is one of my very favorite movies. My husband and I went to see it in the theater while we were dating and a  few months later we used it as inspiration for some of the details in our wedding. The first twenty minutes or so of the movie that shows Carl and Ellie meeting and growing old together is absolutely fabulous. I love the music, their interactions and the sweet story that is displayed. It makes me cry almost every time. I love the house in the movie, I am in love with Dug, and I love the whole theme of the movie. I have a home made adventure book on a shelf in my house that we are filling with pictures from our vacations and traveling adventures, and a jar filled with change for the day we decide to go visit Paradise Falls. I want a mailbox with my hand print on it and I celebrate with balloons as much as possible. I am in love with this movie. I found a quote by the director, Peter Docter, that I think is perfect... "It's those small moments that really are what life is about. And that's what the film is about. The guy goes on a fantastic adventure only to realize it's the small things that bring meaning to our lives."

No comments:

Post a Comment