chevron background

Friday, November 30, 2012

GOING BACK IN TIME {featuring the bump} *part one

I have always with absolute certainty wanted to be a mom. For a long while I felt like it was the only thing I might actually be really good at. I don't know if I could say that now, but I do love being a mama to Hiccup and love having him in my life.

The beginning: We had tried to get pregnant for almost two years when it finally happened. It was such a blessing and a relief to finally see one special word on a pregnancy test. We experienced a lot of trying days, several different medical tests and lots of visits to the doctor. We had friends and family members who got pregnant before we did. We tried to be supportive and faithful and patient. We said lots of prayers and did way too much internet research. In the end, my dr recommended doing an HSG which worked for us. I was pregnant the next month. Although not being in complete control of the timing of the pregnancy was difficult, I now know with certainty that it was the right time for our family to expand.



We were so excited for our family to grow and to meet the little babe. The first several weeks were pretty rough. I was nauseous almost all the time and didn't feel like eating or drinking. I lost almost 10 pounds. I had a few scares and had to go in for blood tests to check my hcg levels. We had decided to wait until Christmas, when I was almost 12 weeks along, to share the news with our family. Keeping it a secret was difficult, but surprising everyone was priceless.

I wanted to be sure and document my pregnancy as much as possible. I enlisted my husband for his help taking weekly belly pics. I wrote in a journal every week about baby's progress and development, my symptoms and overall feelings about pregancy, and just the goings on of our every day life.

 At 16 weeks I felt the babe move for the first time. What a wonderful and exciting experience. It reminded me of little popcorn kernals popping in my belly. I loved feeling the little babe move and couldn't wait to feel it again.

At 20 weeks we told our family that baby was a boy, like we had thought all along, even though our dr at the time told us baby looked like a boy at 13 weeks. At 20 weeks, my husband felt the baby moving for the first time. What a funny night we had trying to pester baby boy into moving around for us to feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment