chevron background

Monday, April 1, 2013

Hiccup's First Easter

Easter is my absolute favorite holiday. It has been since I was little. I loved finding eggs first thing out of bed in the morning. The Easter Bunny always left us a fun basket of goodies, we found most of the candy in our eggs, and we got a new outfit (usually for church). We never had a specific basket, it would be different every year. We had sand pails, plastic buckets, metal buckets, one year our goodies were inside of hats. I loved that the Bunny got so creative.

I found Hiccup's bucket last Easter on clearance. If he wants to use it every year he can or if he gets tired of it and wants a new one, I'll consult my Bunny expert for some ideas. Casey and I do Easter baskets for each other every year. I'm not a big fan of celebrating Valentine's Day as a couple, so we get each other Easter treats instead. Casey is the type that needs a new bucket every year, but the bucket he picked out for me on our first Easter was heavy duty and kind of pricey so I use it as an everyday decoration and empty it out when Easter rolls around.

Hiccup wasn't quite sure what to do with his bucket. He was more interested in the Easter decorations that were put back up when I un-baby-proofed for the sake of the holiday. Why do I buy my child toys when he is so clearly more interested in my random things?


The Bunny left him some puffs, some rice snack sticks that melt immediately and taste like ice cream cones, a soft baseball, a football, a springtime outfit, some new kicks, a new book, and some toys for the bath. After I shared a Cadbury Creme Egg with my baby for breakfast I had the epiphany that I should have put candy in his eggs that I could have eaten later.

Casey and I did Easter a little more low key this year and tried to just spoil the babe. We still made a pretty good haul tho.
 My treasures were hidden under grass tissue paper. I hate the plastic Easter grass. It is the biggest waste and makes a huge mess. Casey got me a new leather journal to continue writing in for our family since the one I started almost a year ago only has two blank pages left. He also got me some Orange Crush and my favorite Cadbury Creme Eggs. Easter honestly has the best candy.

I gave Casey (in his bucket) some sunflower seeds, a Monster energy drink, tiny Cadbury eggs hidden in the Batman and Star Wars "eggs"; more candy in the other eggs, body spray, one of our favorite movies I found on clearance and (in the bag) a plaid button down shirt. His bucket this year was tiny so his spoils took up a lot of room.

We went to visit my parents and had our big kid egg hunt in their back yard. We don't get too violent or rough quite yet but we do give each other a hard time while we search for eggs. My parents hide candy and coins in our eggs. We all have a love for collecting change to see how it adds up over time. With the way we were running around like crazy goons you would have thought there were hundreds of dollars to be found; nope just some good ol' silver coins. ;0)


Nanny made Ender's basket out of his rockin  hat and filled it with some baseball clothes and a tiny soccer ball. He also got some stacking buckets that looked just like some I had when I was little. Nanny and Coach gave us our own Easter bucket made from a Tupperware bowl that had some treats and things for our yard in it.

We ate brunch at my aunts, who burned her hand cooking the eggs. It was an eventful meal. She was still trying to get stuff done while soaking her hand in water. Kayd and Hiccup read an Easter book and gave me one of my favorite moments of the day.


We had an egg hunt and dinner at Casey's aunt's with the whole family. They assign each kid a color to look for so that everyone gets the same amount at the end of the hunt. Hiccup wasn't really in the mood to find the eggs or pick them up but he did like to drop them in his bucket. His orange eggs had little treats in them and  Grema & Grepa gave him a little tiger and gave us some treats. Hiccup bounced on the trampoline with his cousins and had everyone giggling. My other favorite Easter moment was when Hiccup was laughing so hard and Phoenyx kept saying "Endo's yaffing! Endo's yaffing!" It was so stinking cute. 


I hope everyone had a great Easter filled with their own favorite family memories :0)




No comments:

Post a Comment