chevron background

Monday, December 17, 2012

Movie Monday {Christmas Edition}


 

One of my favorite parts of the Christmas season is all the great holiday movies. I've been known to watch these whether the season permits it or not, but you better bet they're being watched as soon as the Thanksgiving turkey is gone and until the new year is here. There are many good ones, but I'm gonna feature just a few of my favorites today.

ELF starring Will Ferrell, James Caan, & Zooey Deschanel
"Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?"
"The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear."
"We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup."
"I just like to smile, smiling's my favorite."
"You smell like beef and cheese, you don't smell like Santa."
"I like to whisper too!"
"Actually, I'm a human, but I was raised by elves."
" Have you seen these toilets? They're GINORMOUS!"
"It's just nice to meet another human that shares my affinity for elf culture."
"I thought maybe we could make ginger bread houses, and eat cookie dough, and go ice skating, and maybe even hold hands."
" I passed through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops, and then I walked through the Lincoln Tunnel."
If you haven't seen this show, boy are you missing out! I'm pretty sure I could recite 90% of it, not that anyone would enjoy that, but I think it's a talent worth sharing.

THE SANTA CLAUSE starring Tim Allen, Judge Reinhold, & Wendy Crewson
"Not too hot. Extra chocolate. Shaken, not stirred"
"Denny's. It's always open."
"Charlie, stay away from those things. They're reindeer, you don't know where they've been. They all look like they've got key lime disease."
"Tinsel... Not just for decoration."
"It's Santa! You killed him!"
"My dad is Santa Claus."
"Plain milk's fine..."
I still remember going to the theater and seeing this movie for the first time with my grandma and brother and cousin. I love how they have an explaination for everything involving Santa. My kids will watch this movie when they have any question involving the ins and outs of how Santa works his magic. So cute.

HOME ALONE starring Macaulay Culkin, Joe Pesci, & Daniel Stern
"This is my house, I have to defend it."
"You guys give up yet? Or are you thirsty for more?"
"This house is so full of people it makes me sick. When I grow up and get married, I'm living alone. Did you hear me? I'm living alone! I'm living alone!"
"If it makes you feel any better, I forgot my reading glasses."
"I'm gonna give you to the count of 10, to get your ugly, yella, no-good keister off my property, before I pump your guts full of lead!"
"Wow, that's real crystal. Put it in your purse."
"Did anyone order me a plain cheese?"
" I made my family disappear."
" I can't make ornaments out of the old ones, with dried worm guts stuck on them."
"Guys, I'm eating junk and watching rubbish! You better come out and stop me!"
Harry:  Why the hell did you take your shoes off?
Marv: Why the hell are you dressed like a chicken?
"Buzz! Your girlfriend! Woof!"
"Buzz, I'm going through all your private stuff! You'd better come out and pound me!"
"Wait, I have a coupon for that. It was in the paper this morning. "
John Hughes and Chris Columbus... of course Home Alone is fantastic! This is another movie that I quote the entire time I'm watching it. I make for a bad movie buddy, what can I say? I think everyone who saw this movie as a kid fell in love with it. The thought of a kid staying home alone, and booby trapping his house and torturing bad guys.. AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment