chevron background

Friday, December 14, 2012

A TRIBUTE of sorts {Casey}

I'm not going to go into a whole lot of detail about how we met and our lives since then, I'll save that for another time. I'm gonna use this space today to share a little of why I love this man.

**He lets me be curious about his childhood. I'm constantly asking him to tell me stories about growing up and asking about various different things. I love hearing about his memories and vacations and family traditions. I could look through pictures of him growing up for hours and watch family videos right after. He was such a cute and funny little kid with a deep, scratchy voice. I'm excited to see Hiccup grow and to see if there is any resemblance. He already makes certain faces that reminds me of his daddy. **Casey has a lot of different talents. He enjoys photography and I enlist his skills in this area as much as possible. He does a good job so most of the time he humors me and helps me out. He is going to school to be a graphic designer but has worked in the field for awhile now. Again, I have (make) him help me out with many a project and volunteer his help and skills more than he'd like I'm sure. You can check out some of his work here. **We have similar taste. In food, music, movies, furniture. It makes life a lot easier when you can both agree on something. I wish we didn't have such expensive taste in things tho. That puts a damper on things.




**He is up for trying new things.. so much more than I am. I wish I were more spontaneous but I try and plan every last detail of everything. Sometimes I even plan for mistakes or set backs just so I won't be surprised by them. He keeps his cool under pressure and helps to calm me down when things go awry. He tries new food when I ask him to and he is much better at meeting new people than I am. **He lets me pick where we go to eat. I don't consider myself to be a picky person but I know deep down that I probably am. One of our biggest arguments is over where we are going out to eat. Even though I ask for his opinion and he offers several suggestions, we usually end up going to where sounds good to me. Poor guy. I'm sure he's sick of going to the same ol places. One day I'll shock him and let him be in charge of dinner 100%.


 
**Little surprises make him a happy guy. I can bring him home a Coke or make him some cookies or just send him a funny pic of Hiccup and he appreciates it. I like being able to 'spoil' him with lots of little things. I'm lucky that he likes treats so much cuz I like surprising him with them; so what if I'm trying to fatten him up? :0) **He makes me laugh. Even on days when I really want to feel sorry for myself, he can cheer me up. When I'm trying really hard to be mad at him, he makes me crack a smile. We're especially giggly with each other when we're trying to fall asleep. Why is everything funnier when you're sleepy? **He is silly with me. We talk in funny voices and make up stupid songs and do really silly dance moves. We have fun.
  
 ** He's supportive of me. He is always asking me if there are things I want to do or goals I want to pursue. He is working hard to finish school so that I can stay home more and raise our little ones. ** He's mysterious. This is one of the first things that attracted me to him. I just had to figure out what made him tick. ** He takes good care of me. He worries about me when I'm sad or not feeling good. He lets me boss him around (such a good husband, I trained him well), he makes it a point to give me a  kiss before he leaves each morning and check up on me through out the day. **He still holds my hand. Enough said. **He likes to dress up--like in costumes. (He likes to dress up fancy too.) I love this about people. I love getting dressed up for any reason at all and I am so glad that he gets excited about this like I do.


 ** He is still a little kid. He gets excited about little things, loves to play around, and is much sillier than people would expect. He takes himself just serious enough not to do anything too embarassing, but still makes everyone laugh. **He talks about growing old and looking forward to the future. He is amazed with technology and is excited to see where it leads as we get older. He makes plans with me for years down the road and I'm excited to experience so many adventures with him.
 There are so many things I like about him and so many reasons I love him. I'd tell him these things more often but I'm trying to keep him humble :0)




No comments:

Post a Comment