chevron background

Monday, November 4, 2013

Halloween

Casey and Hiccup were sick this year for Halloween so we didn't go trick or treating. Hiccup was just fine with that, he'd rather watch people from a safe distance and hang out with his Nanny.

We did get together with Casey's family the Sunday before. We dressed up, played lots of games, and ate some dinner and treats.

I really should have documented the games but our house was a little crazy and I was a little busy running the show. We had a mummy race: the first team to wrap an entire roll of toilet paper around themselves won; we had two timed races: one using straws to suck out M&M's and the other using chopsticks to transport candy corns; we balanced balloons; we had a relay race to unwrap little caramels with gloves on and eat the candy. There was a lot of yelling and teasing back and forth.

Dead Red Riding Hood, Zombie, Dorothy, Spiderman

Brawny paper towel guy (cheapest costume), Witch (my green tights are hidden), Garden Gnome (favorite costume)

Snow Trooper, Ewok, Princess Leia

Punk & Granny


Halloween is one of my favorite holidays; I put my decorations up in September. I love the tradition of going to pick out a pumpkin and then eating lots of pumpkin-related baked goods.

Hopefully next year Hiccup will feel up to cruising the neighborhood with his candy bucket.

No comments:

Post a Comment